Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Focus on Fostering: Saying Goodbye

 I am giving a foster parenting workshop next week on Hellos and Goodbyes and realized that I had not shared goodbye ideas with you folks. Anyone who has ever fostered a child and then had to say goodbye to that child, knows the pain, the fear, and the loss that are only a small part of the emotional tidal wave of letting the child go.  One of the things I have done in that situation is to give a child a blessings box to take with them.  Inside it are folded pieces of paper each of which bears a blessing that I wish for them in the days and years ahead.




The picture at right is from one of my favorite, most inspiring blogs/bloggers: the kindness girl [www.thekindnessgirl.com].  I usually google about for images to go with my blog entries, but when I saw this on her post last week, I knew it would be perfect for today's blog.  She does these blessings for her children's birthdays. Check out her blog and you will see what amazing kindness she gifts to her children and models with them... what lucky, blessed children!

Image credits: wwwalfalasi.blogspot.com, thekindnessgirl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment