Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Quick Takes: A Bit of Nepotism? Naaaahh


Today is our church fair and I am in charge of the candy and fudge table, and responsible for bringing baked goods and crafts for those tables as well.  My kitchen looks like it exploded!  I have been non stop baking, crafting, cooking, and mixing for days.  So I am taking a break from my posting to share the crafting of my daughter Anna.

She has designed and produced these clever stickers for using in cookbooks and on recipe cards to mark and rate the recipes you have tried. I wish I had them a year ago.  I had checked off the recipes I tried for the fair last year, but never wrote how each turned out. When I made them again this year, I discovered the one that had not been stellar... but only after making it again.  I will now put a one spoon rating sticker so I don't repeat the error next year.  And, yes, the amazing [and amazingly easy] shortbread recipe rates a definite five spoons label!



You can find them by clicking on this link to her Etsy site.  Check it out! I think they are really cool, and of course I couldn't be a bit prejudiced, right???
Happy Saturday... hopefully after the air my brain will return and I can be back on track.  See you tomorrow.

Finally....For my Hannukah present to all of you, check out the new video parody done by the Yeshiva University acappella group the Maccabeats!
Click here.


Image Credit:  Anna Parker David, hellokids.com

2 comments:

  1. Seeing as how I don't know you or your daughter personally, consider this an UNbiased opinion - I think the five spoon stickers are GREAT and look forward to ordering them. They are "the perfect gift" for several people I know! Warmly, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jennifer! Let me know how your friends and you enjoy them!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete