Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Caring Heart Speaks: Confidentiality

Anyone who has dealt with the frustrations of confidentiality rules, may relate to this meditation, written about the isolation those rules can create.

Confidentiality

Oh God, You are the only one I can turn to.  I understand why we have to keep details about this child confidential, but it is so hard when no one understands what is going on. People think they are tolerant, but they always need to know a reason why.  How can they understand when they don't know more than the tip of the iceberg?  How can they help, if they don't know what is going on?  I need a support system and there are so very few I can talk freely with now.  But I can talk freely to you, God.  I know You will always listen, and will give me comfort and strength. Thank you!

Excerpted from "The Caring Heart Speaks: Meditations for foster, kinship, and adoptive parents" by Gail Underwood Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment