[Maybe you can make them and save them for a pint-sized New Year's Eve home party!]
Marshmallow PopsYou need:
Lollypop sticks [or in a pinch popsicle sticks]
Bag of large [or giant] marshmallows
Milk chocolate to melt [ex: milk chocolate chips]
Piece of styrofoam
Graham crackers [crushed in a baggie with a rolling pin]
Snowflake sprinkles [or multi-colored sprinkles]
Peppermint candies [break up in a baggie w/wrench or hammer]
Other [get creative.... oreo cookie crumbs, toffee chips, etc.]
1. Put each marshmallow on a stick. [Get several ready at a time.]
2. Melt the milk chocolate [with a little oil added for consistency] in microwave.**
3. Dip/roll the marshmallow in the melted chocolate.
4. While still wet, roll the chocolate covered marshmallow in a topping of your choice.
5. Stick the Pops into the styrofoam or clay to cool and "dry"
6. Eat or put in baggies to save for later. [For gifts, bag two or three and tie with ribbon.]
ENJOY ! !
** When melting chocolate in a microwave it helps to add a bit of Crisco. I usually microwave it for about 20 seconds, then stir, then repeat for 15 seconds, then 10 seconds etc. till the chocolate stirs easily.