Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Saturday, October 16, 2010

QuickTakes: "Kids List" 1-10

For years I have had a "Kids List."  I wanted a fancy name  or a cute name or a symbolic name, but so far all I have come up with is "Kids List."  Think of a "bucket list" [things to do before you kick the bucket] but not as depressing.  My "Kids List" is things I wish all kids could get to experience before they are grown up and move on to independence.  Some are easy, some short. Some are for little kids, some won't happen [or shouldn't happen] until much later. But if I could wave a magic wand I would give each of my kids all 304 of these experiences before they leave my nest. [Yeah, I tried Nest List but that didn't sound exciting either.]

             Kids List #1-10

  1. Milk a cow
  2. Learn to swim
  3. Learn to sew on a button
  4. Carve a pumpkin
  5. Visit a national park
  6. Go to a country fair
  7. Look inside a manhole
  8. Stay in a hotel
  9. Ride a subway
10. Hold a seastar [starfish] in your hand

So about once a month my Quick Takes entry will be from my Kids List. Hope you try some of these with your kiddos.  In fact, maybe some will be new even to you!


Photo Credit: sitejerk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment