Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Quick Takes: Favorite Quotes #1-3

Today I am starting a new thread for my Quick Takes days.  I call quick takes a mix of books, recipes, and more, but a few other continuing threads have evolved.  Creative Rewards is one.  Kids List is another. This new one will be quotes that I have found over the years that have struck a chord with me.  I love quotes.  The ones I love put a particularly vivid image to an idea, sum up an attitude or advice with a clarity I admire, or reflect something that is of great value to me.  When I know it, I will provide the author. Please chime in an add some of your own favorite quotes.  No one quote will fit every day or mood, but may be perfect or a needed blessing on another day.  To start... three of my favorites... all very different, all on my wall.

#1--"There is never enough time to say or do all the things we would wish.  The thing is to try to do as much as you can with the time that you have."   
         Charles Dickens, writer 
         [as Ghost of Christmas Past from A Christmas Carol]

#2--"If you think you're too small to make a difference, you have never been in bed with a mosquito."
             ascribed variously [Michelle Walker, an African proverb, etc.]


#3-- "This too shall pass."    A mantra for days that are high and days that are low.
             ascribed variously [ancient proverb, Solomon, Abraham Lincoln, etc.]


Watch for more favorite quotes about once a month... if you like the idea.  Let me know!

Image credits: techgoober.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment