Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Friday, August 6, 2010

Scheduling down time?

     Yesterday I begin the race to see what miracles I can accomplish while I am one child down for a little over a week. Being me, I have a list of things I hope to get done. Being me, it is a list long enough to fill several weeks, and impossible to complete in just over one. Trying to be better, it does include some relaxation "jobs" to be done... eat lunch on the deck, read a magazine article, phone a friend for a movie, take the boys to breakfast. I suspect that people who encourage more relaxation time probably would disapprove of it being an item to be checked off on a list of tasks. I suspect it is supposed to flow naturally, rather than scheduled like an obligation. Me? I think that whatever works, works. I am counting on the premise that even a "scheduled" alone time or relaxation time still provides a respite, a rejuvenation. If nothing else, it is an attempt, a start, a recognition that it IS important. Hey, it was important enough to get on my list, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment