Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tempting Fate

Hi there-
Remember yesterday when I said "You never know when...etc.?  Well I will be taking a hiatus or at least making shorter, less frequent posts. A few hours after typing those words I fell and badly broke the two middle fingers of my hand. So, now I am reduced to slow hen-peking with one hand while I wait for the long weekend to pass so that I can meet with a hand surgeon.  [As a pianist and writer I prefer to have all my fingers pointing in the right direction!]  So, if you're reading this --please think good, straight-finger thoughts and wish us luck.  Single-parented families don't have much wiggle room [no pun intended] for the parent being even partly out of commission, much less unable to drive for a while.  On the good side, I have spent far too many months of my life in wheelchairs due to knee injuries, so I am exceedingly grateful that I am mobile. I don't know how much this will improve, or how long it will take, but I know it will be better than yesterday or today, AND I am mobile-- AND it is not my dominant hand. So keep me in your thoughts and I will keep the blog up as I can.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment