Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Laughter

Here are  few stats:
--Children laugh ten times more per day than adults. [Harvard Medical Study]
--Children laugh an average of 200 times a day, adults only 15 times a day. [I assume each "ha" must count as "a laugh" ????]
--Laughing for 10 minutes aday has been shown to reduce high blood pressure and arthritic pain.
--The deeper the belly laugh the greater the benefit.
--We are 30 times more likely to laugh in pairs or groups than if we are alone.
--In a related study pessimist were found to be twice as likely to develop heart problems as optimists. 

I guess  we need to laugh more. That means sharing ideas for starting laughter, sights and stories.  Here are my contributions and some sites to explore.  Comment back with your favorite jokes, funny pics, websites, etc. ??

Some of my favorite laughs:
So, as my small contribution to our need for laughter, chuckles, and bellylaughs I offer the following options:
Sight gag/pun? ... click this
For a fabulous example of parental "interrogation"s, click on this
I defy anyone not to join in when a baby chuckles, check out this example.
For people who never saw Candid Camera, enjoy this.
My favorites are from my childhood ties watching Carol Burnett, Time Conway and Harvey Korman break each other up laughing while a studio audience roared.  Here is one about a dentist. There are many listed, like their famous elephant clip... enjoy them!
Send me your favorite laugh clips so that we can share!

Some websites to explore:
laughterforhealth.com
worldlaughtertour.com
teehee.com
laughtertherapy.com
laughteryoga.com
quotegarden.com/laughter.html
laughter.com
funnyjunk.com
lolpix.com

No comments:

Post a Comment