This is the elevnth installment of "Kids List." My "Kids List" is things I wish all kids could get to experience before they are grown up and independent. This month has a mix of small folk and bigger folk experiences. Use your grownup judgment to see what fits your child. [You can search for earlier installments by "Kids List" search or clicking on it in the topic list.] This month I am including some October traditions all kids can enjoy at some point in their lives.
Kids List #101-110 ..Fall Fun
101. Rake fallen leaves.
102. Spend 15 minutes jumping into and re-piling leaves.
103. Go on a fall hike, scuffing through leaves.
104. Bob for apples.
105. Watch a cider press make cider from apples.
106. Go on a hay ride.
107. Go apple picking
108. Hollow out a pumpkin and carve a face.
109. Make their own Halloween costume.
110. Go trick-or-treating or to a Halloween party.
I am a lifelong educator, writer and author, a foster, bio, and adoptive parent, happy mom of five daughters, Grandma to six, Nana to four, and church and theater musician. Oh yes, and all-round optimistic, crazy lady.