Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Caring Heart: Take Me Away!

 As my kiddos head back to school tomorrow, as I prepare to hear all the whining about the exciting things other families did during the vacation that we, of course, stayed home... this meditation seemed timely.

Take me away...anywhere!

Oh Lord, I need to get away.  I don't care where.  I don't care how.  I just need to get away.  My patience is dwindling, my fuse is shrinking, and my emotional and physical fatigue is growing like yeast.  I don't know how I can keep doing this if I can't get a break, a respite, a moment to breathe.  A chance to go to the bathroom alone. To go to the bathroom without a fight erupting in the living room.  A chance to take a bath or to sleep at night without wondering who is going online without supervision and going where they should not.  I don't need a month, two weeks, or even one whole week.. [although I certainly would take it!].  But I need to go away long enough to recharge.  To be ready to go back and dig into this work with eagerness and gresh energy.  I know it is important, and I do love this work.  But I need to breathe.  I need to regroup and recharge my batteries.  Help me hold on until I can.  Help me to need it less. But, soon.  Soon, please.  


Excerpted from "The Caring Heart Speaks: Meditations for foster, kinship, and adoptive parents" by Gail Underwood Parker    Artwork by Anna Parker David from the book cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment