Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wish me luck

Small off-topic personal update.  Those who remember my fall last May... Despite the fracture repair and five months of intensive physical/occupational therapy I have not yet been able to motivate the formerly broken fingers to move as fingers are supposed to move.  Since my primary income is from writing and music [piano and organ], this is a significant challenge.  The docs here are now recommending an additional series of surgeries.  This morning I am driving to Boston to meet with an ortho doc at a Performing Arts clinic there for a second opinion.  I am still waiting for an appointment with a hand doc in NYC.  A non-surgical solution would be wonderful... so... wish me luck and those of you with fingers that can still cross on command, please do. Thanks.

1 comment: