Send anyone this way to read along, but for permission to reprint, please contact Gail.
© Gail Underwood Parker

Monday, April 13, 2009

How did I get into this?

I have been a parent since 1973. I raised my biological children, foster children, and adoptive children. Some have been creative, brilliant, special needs, and many shadings in between. I have been fortunate to participate in foster care issues at the local and state level.  Additionally, I taught middle school for over 30 years, and loved almost every minute of it.        My time is now divided between parenting and non-fiction writing.  I delight in teaching workshops on parenting strategies as well as author visits to classroom and civic groups. So now I venture into the world of blogs with some trepidation after many suggestions. Workshop participants have asked me to put out a newsletter or write another book as a reference.  Through this blog I will be able to meet the same needs, help the same people, and make my experiences accessible to a wider audience.  Also....Blogging is far faster than publishing a book. Here I will address parenting, foster care, writing, and more.... the upbeat times and the downbeat times.  Feel free to participate by posing questions or sharing challenges. You will learn more about me as time goes on, but let's allow that to unfold as you learn more about my experiences and how they may help you grow as a parent. Time to check on the sleeping kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment